Pura Belpré 1899–1982 was New York City’s first Puerto Rican/Latina librarian. She was an ambassador in the New York Public Library’s work with the Latino community. She was an innovative storyteller, using puppetry, arts and crafts as tools to teach kids to read, write and express themselves, and transformed a community.
- haitiana likes this
- cristinaxstrange reblogged this from bellavidaletty
- onlyondemairt likes this
- freshmouthgoddess likes this
- dreaminginspanish reblogged this from bellavidaletty
- theyoungradical said: christ is there even such thing as this kind of librarian anymore? here they’re now just fucking cashiers
- bellavidaletty posted this